Friday 7 June 2013

An Introduction to the madcap world of Pop Culture Ramblings!

Crime. Religion. Nationalities. Politics. Cultural drawbridges. These are all issues that have permeated every nook and cranny of our society. We have to deal with bias, prejudice, pre-conceived notions and immature stereotypes, every single day of our lives. Every person is fair game when societal hate starts hunting for its next oblivious victim. As a result, it's no surprise that everyone is up in arms to voice their own opinions about these burning topics.

So it's only fair that I stay as ridiculously, unimaginably far away from them as possible.

Welcome, to Pop Culture Ramblings! Here, I'm gonna put up reviews, features, topics for discussion and many other forms of written content - might as well invent one of my own - all based on (no points for guessing) pop culture.

Being a devoted gamer, yet one with preferences, I play a lot of games on my PS3 and PC. I have a special inclination towards FPSs, RPGs, and Action Adventure titles. I love indie games, it's no secret that some of the most breathtakingly innovative and thought-provokingly creative games come from the lesser known and often underrated studios, regardless of your platform of choice. So expect a lot of gaming related banter headed your way.
No hardware-centric posts though, as it's not really my field of expertise, and I couldn't care less!



When it comes to movies, I really don't lean towards one specific genre. I tend to give every type a fair shot. But I do love high tension dramas and sci-fi flicks. Huge Star Wars and LOTR fan. A lover of everything Quentin Tarantino, David Fincher and Joss Whedon. Christopher Nolan's genius needs no special introduction. Zack Snyder makes visually stunning cinema, though he may not always hit the mark. If there's one thing I hate, it's mushy romantic movies and they piss me off, big time. So, if anyone thought The Vow was beautiful, relatable and heart-warming, please show yourselves out before I call security.

TV Shows form a major chunk of my wasted time. If I don't land a job in the near future, it'll probably be because I was too busy laughing my ass off at Eric Cartman's borderline racist and insensitive, yet ultimately hilarious dialogues, or because I decided to see what all the hoopla was about and watch The Wire, falling asleep shamelessly at each repeated attempt.

I love animated comedies, favorites being South Park, The Simpsons, Bob's Burgers, Archer and Adventure Time. Dramas interest me a lot with their tight storytelling and excellently fleshed-out characters. Sitcoms, while not exactly being thoroughly consistent in the storytelling department, are enjoyable. Some of the more recent TV shows I like include Boardwalk Empire, Game of Thrones, Spartacus, New Girl, The Middle, Arrow and Modern Family.

So that about wraps my introduction to the blog. Hope you all like the multi-faceted, yet tethered to Pop Culture, posts about to come your way. And again, any and all suggestions will be treated with absolute respect. Bazinga!

5 comments:

  1. nice introduction, waiting for the first post!!!
    great work!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. its quite an insight of what one can expect, straight face and clean. Looking Forward!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eagerly awaiting the next post!

    ReplyDelete